Below are the learning and professional development opportunities being offered next week.
Monday, October 9th:
In 2016, the Governor of Vermont signed a proclamation to redesignate what was once Columbus Day as Indigenous Peoples Day. This year, that day falls at the start of the week of October 9-13, and Champlain College will celebrate the indigenous heritage of the region with drumming, crafts and film.
The college is closed on Monday, October 9th in recognition of this holiday. There are no traditional undergraduate classes on October 10th.
Wednesday, October 11th:
- Facilitated Dialogue Series – 11:30am-1:00pm – Lakeside 101/102 – Sign up Here
Thursday, October 12th:
- Budgeting 101 – 8:30-10:00am – Lakeside 101 – Sign up Here
- Abenaki Beadwork – 4:00-5:00pm – CCM Commuter Lounge – All are welcome
Friday, October 13th:
- Tools for Digital Privacy – 8:45-10:15am – MIC 308 (Library) – Sign up Here
- Abenaki Drumming – 12:00-1:00pm – Fireside Lounge – All are welcome
Saturday, October 14th:
- Translating Identity Conference – 9am-6pm – UVM Campus – More Information & To Register Here
Thank you all for supporting Champlain’s Fire Truck Pull. The Women’s and Gender Center surpassed their fundraising goal of $1,500 for Outright Vermont and couldn’t have done it without Champlain’s support.
- Safe Zone Training – October 18th, Lakeside 101/102 – Sign up Here
- The Fall 2017 Step Challenge is underway, but it is not to late to get involved. For more information about how to join, click here.
- 2017/2018 Season Pass Information has been posted. Click here to view this years rates.
- Sign up for a Flu Shot click here.
- 11th Annual Blood Drive – to sign up to volunteer or give blood, click here. Thank you Jen Perlee for organizing the event and bringing the Red Cross to campus!
- Community Knitting Program- Look out for more information next week!